USA got their New Health Care Bill now and everyone must admit that only few was about to decipher its meaning and contents. If you’re one them, don’t worry, you still belong to the majority. The thousand paged bill has not been understood by all. If you dare to read it page by page, you can do so. But I bet after you read it, you were not able to understand it because of its bureaucratic contents.
I was able to stumble upon a CNN report summarizing it on only in 5 topics.
1. Health insurance companies can’t discriminate against you because you have a pre-existing condition – before you can apply for an insurance premium, there has been a part there in the application form asking for details of illnesses or health conditions present in you and those having one are not allowed to apply. This is before, but the with the New Health Care Bill, it would be gone. No more discriminations for applicants having pre-existing conditions. This could be a disadvantage to insurance companies though.
2. Young people can remain on parents’ insurance until age 26 – in increases the range though. Not all young people can find job that offers health insurance. Before, insurances companies are excluding children from their parents’ insurance as early their 19th birthday.
3. You could get a subsidy to buy insurance if you make less than $88,000 per year for a family of four – this assistance depends on you income, marital status and location you are living. There would be calculations for his one.
4. If you don’t get insurance from your employer, that might change – companies having 50 employees or more are required to offer a health or else fines would be imposed to them.
5. The health care reform legislation has some benefits for senior citizens, but it might have some disadvantages as well – as covered by the Bill, senior citizens will have free preventive screenings such as for cancer and diabetes. Another thing is that, there would no more cut off in their coverage once they reach beyond $2,830 on prescription drugs. However, the expenditure for Medicare Beneficiaries would have 2% or less each from 4% they receive previously.
Understanding the 5 topics could somehow contribute a lot to your confused mind. Basically it covers majority of the entire contents of the bill.