Saturday, October 25, 2014

HR 4213 Bill Passed Senate Vote, House of Representatives’ Vote to Follow

July 22, 2010 by · 194 Comments

Unemployment Extension July 22, 2010 Update: HR 4213 Unemployment Extension Bill Passed Senate Vote, House of Representatives’ Vote to Follow – This is the latest unemployment extension news. Things are moving slowly but surely for those unemployed Americans. Yesterday, we saw that the first Senate vote to counter the Republican filibuster happened. With the help of Senator Carte Goodwin who replaced the late Robert Byrd from West Virginia, Democrats ruled the Senate vote closing at 60-40 vote for the much awaited passage of unemployment extension bill.

Last night, we witnessed the final Senate vote as shortly after 7 p.m., the “motion to concur in the House amendment to the Senate amendment to the bill with Reid Amendment No. 4425” passed the Senate gathering the needed “yes” votes of 51 on a vote of 59 to 39 sending it one step closer to U.S. President Barack Obama’s desk.

During the Senate session, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said that: “Nevada families struggling to make ends meet have endured more than their share: after losing their jobs through no fault of their own, they were forced to wait weeks for an important safety net that was supposed to be there.”

Now, the next and final step for this Unemployment Extension Bill is the vote from the House of Representatives which will happen tomorrow. The amendments made in the Senate need to be approved by the House. After this final vote, the bill will now be send over to Obama for his signature to finally and officially become a law. Once the bill becomes a law, it is expected that state labor departments will immediately begin implementing it and sending out unemployment benefits to help the millions of unemployed Americans. It is expected that this bill will go into effect as early as Thursday or the latest before the week ends.

For the record, this unemployment benefits extension bill is particularly known as H.R. 4213. Initially named as the “American Jobs and Closing Tax Loopholes Act”, the bill has now been renamed to as the “Unemployment Compensation Extension Act” to reflect the extension of unemployment benefits for Americans who have been out of work for 6 months or longer. Originally a $141 billion, 426-page government stimulus package for the unemployed Americans, the bill is now down to $34 billion and 36 pages after amendments.

As previously mentioned, it is important to reiterate that this is not the Tier 5 that most unemployed Americans are clamoring as it would not create additional weeks of unemployment benefits. 99 weeks would still be the maximum amount of time an unemployed American could receive unemployment benefits for states with 8.5% and above unemployment rates and 86 weeks would still be the maximum time for those who are located in states with below 8.5% unemployment rates.

This bill would also extend the filing deadline for unemployment insurance benefits which expired last June 2 to until November 30, 2010 allowing unemployed individuals to file and move into their next tier of unemployment benefits. However, the Federal Additional Compensation Program providing an extra of $25 per week of unemployment benefits payments would not be extended under this bill. In addition, COBRA will not be extended in this bill.

UPDATE: Obama Signed Unemployment Extension Bill into Law

Comments

194 Responses to “HR 4213 Bill Passed Senate Vote, House of Representatives’ Vote to Follow”
  1. Hope says:

Short term the unemployment extension is passed. Great, I need it.

Long term Obama is letting the Bush tax cuts expire starting in January, Health Care is NOT budget neutral, and he is regulating small business to death. All adds up to NO hiring in the private sector as they are all scared about whats to come next year.

Good luck for any of us out of work to find a job, Obama has made certain that we will probably never work again.

• Dorothy says:

In response to Hope: Our president inherited these job losses,and it snow balled from there. He hasn’t made certain we cant find a job, thats was already happening by the time he took office. Sending all of our jobs overseas was the biggest mistake our country has made and we are paying for it! Its cheaper labor for american companies to out source to countries that dont pay minimum wage. Thats our america now! A Dam Shame>

• preid says:

Im sorry I must disagree ….Obama is only dealing with the mess that BUSH leftover for him to deal with as far as the economy when Clinton was in office we had jobs and job security….Bush gets in and gets two terms and things go down hill …then when he is voted out….he leaves us on the tip of the great depression and Obama is voted it to fix …..all the mess BUSH greated….

• Bobby says:

What did W.bush do to create jobs ? answer NOTHING !!! Under W. Bush job creation amounted to 11,000 per month , and the republicans gave 800 billion dollars to the very rich tell the counrty it would create jobs ,BUll ! Under Clinton job creation was 209,000 per month . In 1 month Clinton created more jobs than W.Bush did in 8 years . Under Carter the deficit declined , with no tax cuts to the very rich . While under Bush/Regan the deficit doubled , again helping the very rich . Under Clinton the deficit declined almost in half . Then W.Bush pushed it to 14 trillion . Obama had not even took office when all of the Bush cuts and hand=out to the elite rich kicked in . The banks , financial inst. , auto , insurance ,housing , where all in deep deep trouble BEFORE Obama took office . If you think the republicans are going to create jobs , LOOK AT THERE HISTORY . The very rich earn 400 times more than they did 9 years ago , do you ??? The republicans voted against the unemployment bill , BUT want to give 1 TRILLION in even more tax cuts to the top .003% . That happens to be billionaires .

• jack says:

you are right buddy

2. BigCat says:

Just a thought for those of us striking out on the job hunt currently. Why not consider volunteering a few hours a week at a local business or non-profit organization close to home. Good volunteers usually get first dibs on paying positions on down the road. The work might also help in getting us out of the house, while allowing opportunity for social & business networking. Always easier to be hired for who you are (in person), as opposed to a simple piece of paper (resume/application). It might even be tax deductible. :-)

• Unemployed4ayear says:

BigCat, Thank you…that’s an excellent Idea!

• Mamaof2@22,Help says:

Thats a good idea.

• Tina says:

I know this is not a solution, but it may be helpful. Here in Oklahoma in the bad school districts you only need a GED to substitute teach. In the better school districts some require a 4 year degree. Since I am having no luck I plan on using my so far useless 4 year degree to sub while I try to find a “real” job and get into grad school. Sub pay is not great, but anything is better than nothing. Especially for 99er’s who as of right now are lost in the political crap storm. Hope this is useful to someone.

• Don says:

I have been out of work for 2 years :( and down to about 10 bucks in my bank … I have volunteered to do all kinds of work for people and guess what word of mouth still gets no job …..

3. charlie e says:

THE BILL IS PASSED!!!! now Obama has to sign it..thank god, i’m 1 1/2 months late on my rent and almost 2 months behind on my electric. i have a cut off for tomorrow. i only recieved 26 weeks with no extension. i’ve never been on unemployment before. these republicans have no idea how it feels as a man to not be able to provide for his family, it’s degrating. i can’t stand telling my kids no you can’t have this or that.

4. P.U.S.H says:

The last actual check I received was on July 1st. I guess that covered the week ending June19th and 26th. I havent received a check since and I was told that I have exhausted all of my benefits but my actual benefit year end isnt until 8/1/2010. It hasn’t been a full year for me yet. Ive on been able to collect for about 47 weeks. So what tier am I on?? And once I reach my benefit year end, do I have to re-apply if i still haven’t been accepted for a job? I’m just extrememly confused. I wonder what tier im on and if i’ll get retro payments at least for the month of July. And then once I reapply do i go onto another tier?? UGH!! I’m Illionis. Can anyone advise???

• P.U.S.H says:

I meant to say im in ILLINOIS…typo…

• LindyOx says:

Dear P.U.S.H.

Contact IDES at (312) 793 – 5280 betweem the hours of 8:30 AM and 5:00 PM Monday thru Friday. You can try (800) 244 – 5631, but that number is ALWAYS busy and I’ve never been able to get thru. Ask them what tier you are on or what tier you have completed. There are 4 tiers. Go to this site to read more information on the tier process: http://www.ides.state.il.us/pdf/UI/eb/EUC_FAQ.pdf

Obama sighning the bill today will allow me to go to Tier 4, so it will help me out while looking for a job and paying my mortgage and bills. Once you know what new tier you are on, you should have a good estimate on how many weeks of unemployment you will have left.

Keep looking for a job…don’t give up. The economy is slowly picking up. I’ve been unemployed for over 18 months, but had a face-to-face interview today. Had 3 phone interviews last week. Don’t give up your job search.

• P.U.S.H says:

LindyOx:

Thank you for your commentand the info!!! And you are right about not giving up!! I will never give up! I live by my faith and I know that everything is going to work out!! I just put it all in God’s hands and let Him take me through! And many blessings to you on your interviews! I pray that you get a call back!!!

• P.U.S.H says:

I just want to thank you! You have been a blessing to all of us on this site looking for any information we can get!!! I’m just curious, do you happen to know what the next step is now? When I called my local office here in Illiois a couple of hours ago the gentleman I spoke too said that everything still wasn’t finalized. And then he said that even after they do finalize that I probably wont see any money until the first or second week in August… Would you happen to have any insight? If not that’s ok. You have been very helpful to all of us!! Many thanks and blessings to you!

5. James Gemalsky says:

Unemployment benefits are used as a tool by the representatives of the rich. It gives them a way to stay in control of our money. They will also use it as a tool to regain the presidential office. We did our part as hard working tax payers, and the Republican party always invents creative ways to stop the people who built this country from being in control of our own future. Taxing the lower class is the way the upper class gains economic security. Unemployment benefits start out as a tax that your employer pays the government,(about 0.06 percent) for 90 days. Then when we recieve it back we pay a tax of around 23.5 percent. Then the money is filtered into the pockets of the rich. Then the rich hire more employees and so on. The problem is that these rich americans are not employing americans, got greedy and forgot about were the money came from. If you want to invest your money into the foreign market thats fine, as long as it’s not my money. The Republican party has always found creative ways to help the rich gain access to our money. These people have drained our economy and expect us to suffer because of it. Take the money back and make them suffer. The money did not disapear, it was missplaced.

6. dd says:

The endless unemployment extensions are hard to justify when I am scraping by having to do whatever it takes to pay my bills. As a “self-employed” / “freelancer” / “independent consultant” for the same company for 5 years I lost my income when the company went bankrupt. . I’ve cut down everything to the bone and beyond. Sold off personal property. Taken work way below my level, almost entry level. Moved downward in housing. But the “no-work pay” for others keeps getting extended and extended and extended supported by Federal Tax dollars. It leaves a bad taste. Either widen benefits to include the rest of us who did not work on staff or let us all stew in the same thin soup. Maybe more families hung out over the hairy, ragged edge will develop some political will. There is a difference between state and federal unemployment benefits. Federal unemployment benefits extend state unemployment benefits out to 26 weeks. They must be explicitly passed by Congress. They’re paid for out of our federal tax dollars we all pay. A law firm should start a class action suit for “us” who have paid taxes but don’t qualify for benefits including the 1 year worth of cobra subsidies.

• Tina says:

I agree that something should be done to help those who are self-employed and have lost everything and those who were contract workers. Contract workers pay higher taxes and get nothing when they are no longer needed. I did contract work several years back and was taxed as if I were running my own business. It was just a job I worked to help pay for tuition and books. For every $80 I made I paid $39 in taxes. I was thrilled when I finally got a job that was not contract labor, but then the economy tanked and I was history!

7. JayeM says:

I have read most of the comments and here is my take on things. A lot of venting is on this blog, nastiness in general. No matter what blog I read there is always a negative comment. What amazes me is the level these comments has gone. Most are off topic and do not show much support. These jerks want you to banter back at them, it gives them a moment of glory. Ignore them and they crawl away. These are hard times but we are all Americans, unemployed or employed. We need to be grateful for what we have and pray for the worse. Pointing fingers, blogging for hours does nothing. How many of you actually contact your elected officials, friends, ex-employers, just anybody to encourage them to fight this cause. We need to organize, our numbers are large enough that we can make a difference. Put all that energy to work, make it your new job. Both parties need to be held to task. During the Great Depression (odd to call it Great by the way) this country pulled together to overcome. We’re blogging.

8. JayeM says:

sorry… we don’t need to pray for the worse… we got that.. we need to pray for better times.

9. GOP?- NOT ANYMORE says:

We didn’t leave our jobs. Our jobs left us. It’s not just the jobless who are hurting. Family and friends are. Landlords are. This GOP political ploy has made it harder for us. Have to pay late fees, charges to have utilities turned back on. Always had good credit til this. My Co. moved out of state. I can’t. Sick of hearing get a job. DC says there are 5 people for every opening. Know a man with a degree doing yard work. The kicker was hearing NO UNEMPLOYED PEOPLE APPLY. As I said, this isn’t just hurting the jobless. There will be millions of mad voters in Nov. We know why the GOP did this. Worried about the deficit. Since when? Cut defence spending. Cut the trillions we give all over the world and to your corporate welfare pimps. Congress take a pay cut. Reduce your staff. Take a cut in benefits. How much are we spending in Afghanistan? Phoney war on terror. Terrorists can cross our borders, but got to fight them elsewhere. Must be making money for someone. GOP defence contracter pals? Halliburtin? The Carlyle Group? Look it up. The Bushies, Cheney and Co. have made billions from war. People who decide foreign policy shouldn’t be able to profit from them. Must be all powerful – no one seems to do anything about it. Look up House of Bush House of Saud. Best seller. No wonder they can buy elections and have Supreme Court decide who prez is. Just found out all this stuff, hate it I voted for the Bush crime family. I think all but a few GOP in congress are members of the family. As in Mafia. This extension bill allowed some to see how they really are. It’s all about the rich getting richer. Us little people are kinda like their hired help. They’ve got cheap and sometimes slave labor now,to make them more profit. To hell with us.

10. James Gemalsky says:

Dont support the foreign market in any way and see what happens. The government is responsible for our economic situation, they allowed a small group of power hungry puppy kickers to steal our future. They need to stop playing games and start putting these asshole in prison, and I mean all of them. We don’t need blood suckers they need us. Well they can suck it. Stop paying taxes, dont allow them to even get a chance at our money. I mean if we are going down why drag it out. Lets put some Americans who are trust worthy in the front offices, and keep an eye on them. Kill them with kindness.

11. matt says:

im in ny and have collected 59 weeks.all the way up to tier 2.i got my last check june 2nd missing going into tier 3 by one week.what will happen to me at this point when the bill passes?will i continue to move on and will i receive retro pay?how many weeks do i have left?any help will be greatly appreciated.the people i talked to at the unemployment dept.had no answers for me at all.almost as if the were told to say is little as possible.

12. jess says:

I can not believe all of the bashing on the republicans! If some people had been paying attention to the news then you would have seen that Republicans have wanted unemployement restored for millions, they just wanted it to be paid for. Harry Reid did not allow for any Republican amendments that would have paid for all of the unemployment by cutting spending in areas where they are not needed. Has anyone read the Thune amendment. If there had been more cooperation on the democrat side then unemployment would have been restored sooner. If you look at what is happening in Greece, we are headed down that same path. It is unsustainable to keep spending money that does not exist. By the way before any conclusions are drawn I do live in Michigan and it has one of the highest unemployment rates in America. While I am fortunate to have a job, I know family members and co-workers who are struggling without jobs. I am glad that the bill was passed because it will help many people in the country I just believe that bills should be passed that do not add to our deficit.

• Scott says:

Jess, We do watch the news. The real news, not the pretend news “FOX” which is obviously your source of comedy. If would listen,read or watch in actual news then you want miss how the GOP is diliberately trying to run our economy further into the ditch. It is their official campaign strategy.

• Jim Fallon says:

What the Republicans will never tell you we they were saying they would vote to extend the unemployment benefits as long as it is paid for is this. First they wanted the money to come from the Stimulas bill that was passed last year. What they won’t tell you is that the reason why the want that money coming rom the Stimulas money is because they know that the president and the Democrats have set aside this money to try to get us back on the way to recovering from this mess. The republicans know that there must be enough money for each fix that will need to be done to make this all work and if the Republicans can take that money away and it causes the plan to not work, leaving us still in a recession, they can then say see Obama’s plan didn’t work, now gives us back the the whip so we can finish destroying the middle class so our over loards the Multinational Corporations who we really serve, not the people of this country, will have the cheap labor they want and not have to spend any more money setting up shop overseas. Because now that they have broken these Americans who thought they controlled their country, they will work for a fraction of why they use to want. Because now that we destroyed their economy they are just happy to have a job and be able to eat.
      THIS IS WHAT THESE BASTARDS ARE TRYING TO DO AND THE REPUBLICAN CONGRESS ARE THEIR PUPPETS THEY USE TO CONTROL US AND LAUGH AS THEY WATCH HALF OF OUR PEOPLE WHO THEY HAVE BRAIN WASHED OVER 30 YEARS WITH THIS LOWER TAXES AND GOVERNMENT IS THE PROBLEM. ALL THE WHILE ACTUALLY RAISING TAXES ON EVERYONE EXCEPT FOR TO TOP 2%

13. kathy says:

I need a question answered and would sooo appreciate it… My daughter had been on unemployment for 73 weeks in NC. She had just received her last, tier 4, check on June 29th. She tried to continue filing but the message said her benefits were exhausted for the benefit year ending 1/11/2011. I see that many folks are getting up to 99 wee of benefits, can my daughter get any more weeks? Thanks for any answers you may have!!

• jeff says:

I would also like to know, am in the same boat

• kathy says:

This is Katie’s reply. Thanks katie, it helped so much!!!

Katie says:
      July 23, 2010 at 5:25 am
      Hope this break down helps the confused a little bit:

Regular State Benefits
      26 weeks
      Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC)
      Tier 1: 20 weeks
      Tier 2: 14 weeks
      Tier 3: 13 weeks
      Tier 4: 6 weeks (for states with an average unemployment rate of 8.5% or higher over the past three months)
      Extended Benefits (EB)
      13 weeks for states with an average unemployment rate of 6.5% or higher over the past three months (total 92 weeks)
      20 weeks for states with an average unemployment rate of 8.0% or higher over the past three months (total 99 weeks)

• P.U.S.H says:

Awesome! Thank you for that breakdown!!! God bless!

• I AM ALSO IN NC. I RECEIVED 71 WEEKS OF BENEFITS.MY LAST PAY PERIOD WAS 7-3 10. NOW THEY ARE TELLING ME NO MORE. WHATS UP WITH THAT? 71 WEEKS IS FAR FROM 99, IS’NT IT?

14. terry says:

Once signed when will it take effect?

15. James Gemalsky says:

This is for republican4life. Suck it you puppy kicker, turds like you should not be listened to by anyone with a normal brain function. I hope you loose everything and get put in prison. Then you will shut that hole in your face, and your room mate and his friends will open up a new one for you, enjoy.

16. republicansuck says:

republican for life is an idoit! there is only one job for every five unemployed people out there. I can only assume that as one of those five get that job the ratio grows worse for the next.(i.e.1-5,1-9,1-13,ect.) By the way wait till you get fired if the projected job loss does get worse. I hope they fuck with your life. and then you can see what its like from our perspective!some people in this country paid for their own education and car and didn’t have mommy and daddy wealth to leech off of. SO WHILE YOU HAVE A JOB AND THINK OF ONLY YOURSELF COPS, FIREMEN AND TEACHERS ARE LOSING THEIR JOBS TOO!(I am a laid off cop!)so if you can’t understand that. don’t worry eventually you need us to get our hands dirty for your selfish bitch ass, and we might not be there for you our your family!

• fedup says:

Jess, The budget deficit is expected to decline this year as companies are repaying TARP and every economist that have made an opinion has been in favor of the extension without concern that this extension be paid for. In fact they have said the delay has hurt the economy and the extension needs to be earmarked as emergency funding. Some suggest an automatic trigger for states that have high unemployment instead of having the republicans callously play politics with working americans who have lost jobs thru no fault of their own. California is currently at 12.2% official unemployment and employers receive over 500 resumes for each job. Do you think the unemployed will be their first choice? I do not receive any responses to my resume. Unless you have a strong network of people to highly recommend, you are trying to network as much as possible otherwise employers need to create more jobs. The republicans are filibustering to delay any economic recovery so that they can win elections by campaigning lies but the unemployed know the truth that they are heartlessly sacrificing americans for political gain.

17. Katie says:

Hope this break down helps the confused a little bit:

Regular State Benefits
    26 weeks
    Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC)
    Tier 1: 20 weeks
    Tier 2: 14 weeks
    Tier 3: 13 weeks
    Extended Benefits (EB)

• kathy says:

Thank you so much for that break down. It seems so simple now, as you have described it. I have passed this information onto my daughter and she already went online and applied for EB. Thanks again!!! Kathy

• Josie says:

Thank it helped a great deal, need to find out percent for New York.

18. Sara Jewett says:

Because of the delay in extending unemployment my mortgage loan has been referred to a foreclosure lawyer.. I have until 7-30 to come up with the past due or I will be losing my home.. I have rcvd 20 wks of unemployment thus far.. What a nighmare!

19. joe johmson says:

No more Dems please. Im so sick of there crap. And our Pres has made our deficit so great. But people dont realize that do they. He has spent more money in his 18 month than all presidents combined before him including all of Bush’s term. Now that’s a reality hit.

• jestox says:

right because Bush fixed all of his problems before he left office. The man has to fix everything, cut him some slack. At least he thinks of the lower classes and not his rich saudi frirends, or did you forget bush ordered his al qida backing friends a one way trip out of the country during 9/11

• vincent says:

Wait , Bush left the mess with all the tax cuts to the top 10% 800 billion dollars worth . It was under his watch the banks , auto , insurance , wall street , and other scam the public into Tarp and all those billions of dollars . The republicans that voted against unemployment bill (3 billon ) wanted to give the top .003% of the rich a tax cut of 1 trillion dollars . They were ok with 280 billion for war efforts that Bush got us into . The republicans gave over 800 billion to the top 18% of the very rich . They claimed all these tax cuts would create JOBS , Well under Bush job creation for 8 years amounted to 91,000 , while under Clinton it was 209,000 EVERY month, EVERY month , and we had a surplus which the republicans quick gave to the very rich !!!

20. Shannon says:

Can anyone in the Texas area or can give me a better understading of this I would greatly apprecaite it..

I was a few days ago and yesterday that if the bill passes I would get 3 weeks of back pay plus additional pay up till the end of November… And today I was told if the bill is for “weeks of unemployment- I will get paid. But, if its for “Dates” I would not qualify? Very Confusing!

But what I am reading on the Texas Unemployment site is differnt from what they told me yesterday.. My unemployment checks started in Jan 3rd of this year and ended the first week of July my last check was only half of what I was getting.. Plus I did not get the full 26 weeks I only got 20 weeks… This whole thing has me confused now.. Even though I was told 3 times on what I would be getting if the bill passes..

But, this is what I am reading on The Texas Unemployment site
    all I found was this http://www.twc.state.tx.us/ui_update.html and I was told yesterday and today if the Bill passes I would get 3 weeks of back pay plus payments till November..

Applying for Tier 1 Benefits
    Congress has not extended Federal Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC) so TWC is not able to take new EUC claims. If you continue to… request payments and Congress extends the EUC deadline, we will automatically process your EUC claim and mail you information about how much you could receive.
    But its followed up with this (which goes against what they told me at UI- what i just mention above) So why would they tell me I would be getting 3 weeks of back pay plus payments up till November if the bill passes?

Eligibility
    • You must exhaust your regular UI benefits by May 22, 2010.
    • Your Tier 1 claim must begin May 23, 2010, or before.
    • Your base period wages must equal or exceed 40 times your weekly benefit amount. (If your regular claim pays 26 weeks of benefits, you meet this qualification.)
    • You must have exhausted your regular benefits on your most recent claim, or the claim year must be expired.

• Rose says:

Shannon… or others in Texas..have you moved on to tier 1 now that the bill was passed? My husband is in exactly the same situation. Just got the last check which was half. It is my understanding that the amount of UI regular benefits only qualified him for 20 weeks not the full 26 but he should now get Tier 1 which is 80% of what he was getting under regular UI. I calculated that if he gets the same maximun weekly checks he will only get 15 weeks of benefits on tier 1. Did tier 1 start for you automatically or did you have to wait to receive a letter and apply for it or call TWC, they never answer the phone or they put you on hold and then disconnect. Thanks!

21. joe johmson says:

Now this is supposed to be a adult site. So why the language. You have the rite to not like republicans if you like. But you don’t need to talk like that. now I have done prison time. It is not a good place. I really hate Dems. But if they haven’t done something horrible I don’t wish prison on no one. You should really pay attention and see what Dems have done to us. I m a Independent because I vote for who I think is best.To me Obama is destroying the USA.

22. Shannon says:

But, this is what I am reading on The Texas Unemployment site

Applying for Tier 1 Benefits

Eligibility
    • You must exhaust your regular UI benefits by May 22, 2010.
    • Your Tier 1 claim must begin May 23, 2010, or before.

23. chat says:

Its funny the people who have a job say quit being lazy, quit living off the goverment go get a job. I have worked since I got out of school and wanted to work untill the company I worked for closed the doors(with no notice, untill I showed up and the doors where locked) I hope you dont lose your job or you will see what it is like. A factory in my town just put out that they are going to hire 250 people in 3 hrs,in person and over the computer they had 3000 resumes. So Im sure there are some but dont put everybody down just becouse of a few bad apples. In other words think before you insult. thank you have a nice day

24. james says:

Curious for those people who have used there 99 weeks of unemployment, in almost 2 years not 1 employer would hire you? I understand people are used to live a certain lifestyle but there are jobs out there, not the greatest jobs, but jobs that will get you buy till the economy recovers. Theres no such thing as free money, the money people are receiving from the government comes from taxpayers pockets, just remember that.

• unemployed for too long says:

Every one that is collecting taxpayers money has been a taxpayer or they wouldn’t be on unemployment..”free money” your too funny and if you dont think we have already had to make dramatic changes in lifestyle going from $21 to $10.. I would give anything to have employment with a minimum pay rate, just to have health ins.
      I just can’t believe that anyone is enjoying unemployment on your dollar… It’s not a game I or anyone is enjoying…just remember that..

25. unemployed for too long says:

Employers are taking full advantage also…the co. that let me go(after 10 years) due to the economic downfall, has hired friends and family while having 3 workers on unemployment benefits… Isn’t there a way the government can monitor?

26. Sunnyside says:

Does anyone know the status of Nevada ?

They were not allowing weekly claim filing once the Tier ran out.

Was anyone here told that as well to not call in claim once Tier exhausted ?

Does anyone have any news about Nevada and if we should call. The site says do not call , they will mail you something.

27. Bryan says:

To say this economic mess is the Dems fault is an insult to ones intellegence. Be interesting to see what the GOP will say yes to spending for…no matter what it adds to the deficit. They will never say no to a defence contract, a corporate welfare pimp, or anything else that helps the rich. Any programs that helps the average Joe are there because of the Dems. Also any program that helps the sick and elderly. I read House Of Bush House Of Saud. I looked up the Carlyle Group. Makes me want to puke. I voted for the Bushs and Cheney. Crime family is right. There is such hugh profit from war. You want a secure job? Work for Halliburtin.

28. Teresa says:

I understand that the bill has passed (been signed) but when does it actually go into effect?

29. Mary Rose says:

I live here in the United States and I was scammed of $1500 here in the US. I was searching for a loan one evening until I went on a message board and obtain the information of BARCLAY HOUSE OF LOANS Plc. I was given a $5000 loan and received the funds in 2 days. When I didn’t see the funds in my account, I contacted Mr.Carl by phone and stated that there was hold at the bank. He went down to the bank personally and took care of the issue. The money was in my account the next day. You do have to pay a one time processing fee but it was worth it. I can reassure you that he is a legit lender and contacts you not only by email but on the phone as well. Mr. Frank Larry is someone that cares about getting your loan. Please contact him for your loan needs and you will receive your loan funds in your bank account within 48 hrs. It’s a shame that you have to seek another country and receive loan assistance and can’t get a loan in the United States with bad credit.

[email protected]

30. Mary Rose says:

Hello Dear,

My name is Pamela Stacy , i came across your ad and i decided to place my testimony there, i was some time in search of financial assistance like this before and i tried searching for help all over the website i end up being scammed any time i contact one of all these internet fraudsters until one day i came across a long time friend who introduce me this God fearing Man, Rev. Eustace Mullins and yet i was so skeptical, but i decided to give him a try, My dear then, i was given my loan the third day after applying, my dear my advice for you is, do not get scammed online. If you need an urgent loan, contact this lender at [email protected]

• Sunnyside says:

Attention Everyone ! Be extremely careful of Loan Companies offering you money from the Internet . It could be a SCAM !

They ask for your information and then tell you that you need to send a FEE , That FEE could be anywhere from $400-$1000 or MORE. You NEVER get your LOAN. There is NO Loan. Only Scammers. Then they tell you to send MORE money because you have to pay taxes at the Border. More Fees but you never see ANY Loan Money !

NONE OF THiS IS TRUE. They get your FEES and you never hear from them AGAIN.

YOU have been RIPPED off by Scammers.

If you need a Loan go to your Bank ,or Credit Union .

Why are these supposed* Loan People and their Customers” POSTING on an Unemployment Forum ?

• Loan Scammer says:

This guy is probably a scammer. What an idiot. I can always tell these scammers just by reading their broken english. Only some retard from Africa would use, “my dear then”. STOP TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE IDIOTS IN AMERICA WHO FALL FOR YOUR B.S.!!!

Read between the lines people.

31. Ruthanne says:

They make all this info about UI EUC,etc. more confusing than how to do your taxes.Depends on your state unemployment stats, depends on whether you did such and such. I appreciate benefits. One benefit of getting a job will be NOT having to be in limbo about my status.I am never sure there will be anything in my account. Until I see it. Then, have to worry about the next one. It’s stressful enough to be unemployed. Surely it could be more understandable and simple. I have never applied for a job, and not got it…until now. One of many who never expected my Co. to move.W

32. vincent says:

The republicans are against helping people in need . There are many unemployed that worked the same job for 25 plus years, never laidoff , paid into the system and because of the mess Bush got us into ( tax cuts , the wars , housing meltdown , auto, insurance failures ,lack of job creation ) These unemployed NOW need help and the republicans vote NO , they are ok with even more tax cuts to the very , very , very rich ( why is that , could it be lobbying , legalized bribery ) Should we apologize to BP ( big oil) for asking them to pay for the mess they created as the republican suggest ? Why is it ok to give tax cuts to the top .003 % to the tune of 1 TRILLION DOLLARS after already giving the ( top 18 % of the rich ) 800 plus billion , is it simply because they are rich and entitled ? The republicans are trying to say giving even more tax cuts to the very rich will create jobs . Under Bush we gave them over 800 billion and in his term job creation was 11,000 a month , under Clinton job creation was 209,000 per month . So why did we give all those tax cuts to the very rich , hint lobbying , legalize bribery !! With the republicans follow the money. So , now the rebulicans are trying to pass bills to give even more tax cuts to the very rich and want you to believe they will create jobs with all those billions and billions of dollars when they proved they have not in the last 8 years of tax cuts . The republicans just want the lobby money flowing in unchecked like it has been for the last 8 years . If you are not earning $ 800,000 per year the republicans have nothing for you or your family .

33. HoplessIL says:

Hello. Thank you in advance for any help I may get here. I have a question about collecting unemployment in Il, through IDES. I was laid off the week of Christmas. I exhausted my regular 26 week benefits on July 3rd, before the extension got final passage. I was 6 weeks pregnant when I got laid off. I have been desperately trying to find work ever since, but have had no luck..No one wnats to hire a soon to deliver Mom. I even put ym pride asside(and my BA in Science), and applied at Motherhood Maternity outlet, thinking I would have luck(or sympothy) there. They said I was over qualified…I treid reasoning, saying I didnt care abotu the wages, so ong as I could have work. They then said they really weren;t hiring. Getting back to my question. I recived a letter stating that a question has been raised for my eligibility. The explanation was that my benefists had exhausted. if I felt I was entitled to more benefits to contact IDES on an IB-1 form? They also included a 1 page letter about my rights during the appeal process? It was a general letter though, and not really addressed to me. Then a day later, I recieved my statement of certification.It said to contiue to certify on my appt. day. I checked my blance as of Friday, it said I have exhausted all benefits. the l;etter also said that there is no need to contact the office at this time. Will I be automatically moved to Tier 1, or is this something you have to aplly for. I feel like I have gotten screwed(more ways then 1, LOL) since I ran out of regular benefits before this was signed. the update on IDES really proveds no information that is helpful. I tried to get through yesterday , but I waited on hold for 20 minutes and then was cut off. When UI called right back it was “after working hours”. I live 3 hours away(I am IN resident), and really do not have gas money for that kind of trip, as my benefits were cut abruptly. I am about to have my 2 nd child, and can not even pay my Nipsco bill on time, let alone the mortage payment. My husbands work has slowed own considerably, but he is doing everything he can. We are just praying that this turns around soon. once I am not pregnant anymore, I am so hopeful I will find work. I hgave gotten quite a few phone and web conf.interviews, where I was able to hide my belly. They seemed quite interested. As soon as they realized I was pregnant, all bets were off. Any ideas? Do I need to file for Tier 1?

• P.U.S.H says:

You do not need to file for each teir. Now that the bill has passed as long as you have continued to certify you will receive retro/ back payment for those weeks as well as graduate to the next tier automatically. If you haven’t continued to certify it just might take a little longer and it won’t run as smoothly. I’m not sure what number you have been calling but I call 1-800-244-5631 and i’ve never waited more than 12 minutes to get through to someone. They are always very pleasant and helpful. It’s better if you call before noon or after 2pm. 12-2pm is their highest volume of calls. They will be able to look at you case and break it all down for you. But if you have only used 26 weeks of your state benefits then you are definitely eligible for to go on to tier 1 now that the bill has passed. It’s just a matter of how quick the programmers get in there and update the system so we all start getting our money thats back dated as well as future payments. I was told that I won’t start seeing any money until “hopefully” the first week in August. I’m going to be giving them a call today to see what the status is. But click on that link above that I posted. That is sepcific to Illinois. I hope this helps. I feel your frustration and I pray that for you and you husband and children (and baby on the way) that this all works out very quicly for you. I trusy and have confidence that it will all work out!!!!

• P.U.S.H says:

LOL… excuse all my typos :)

• P.U.S.H says:

Fyi… this is directly off of that link I sent you….

“If you are one of the over 100,000 Illinois claimants whose benefit payments were interrupted while the
      new law remained pending in Congress, the Department will release payments for all back weeks for
      which you are eligible as quickly as possible. There is no need for you to contact the Department unless
      you receive instructions to do so. Please ensure that you have submitted a bi-weekly certification using
      Teleserve or the Internet for all back weeks for which you believe you are eligible.”

34. CJ says:

I was in Tier 3 at the end of May 2010 and received a letter from the DOL stating I would only be eligible for Tier 4 if T3 was exhausted on or before 5/29/10. My T3 wasn’t going to be exhausted until 6/5. They told me to continue to certify until Congress voted which I have done. I have certified the last 6 weeks but, of course, haven’t received a check. My family is suffering now, like so many others. The good news is that I got a job this week! I will let the DOL know on Monday that I am now employed. My question is this: Now that HR 4213 passed will I receive the T4 benefits retroactively and does the fact that I now have a job effect my being payed for those 6 weeks? Any info would be helpful. Thank you!

• preid says:

Im in massachusetts ….and Im in the same boat as you….at this point im willing to except any job…just to make ends meet with a 3 yr old and a 7 month old….and im a single parent and if I apply for welfare I will be denied because….unemployment will inform them Im still eligeble….but yet my last check was July 7th 2010…..

Try to stay motivated…

35. David says:

You guys are confused. Whether you’re Republican or Democrat, all of you have continued to support the foreign markets. President Bush did nothing to stop a lot of businesses including Levi’s, from closing their factories in America and moving them to Mexico and other nations. Bush could have given those companies tax incentives to stay in America and allow for people to keep their jobs, but he did not. If Bush had given the companies tax incentives, the Democrats would have complained that he was pro-big business, although everyone knows that both parties are pro-big business. If Bush had done that, at least we would have more jobs in America.

We won’t talk about President Bush and his contractor buddies in Iraq, but President Obama was elected with help from BP (the company responsible for the Gulf Oil spill) and by some of his buddy bailout banks, which he bailed out after being elected. If Obama put more tariffs on imported foreign goods, then prices would go up drastically on items we take for granted. It’s a lose-lose situation.

36. Looking4Answers says:

Funny how the media does not explain the extension the way it really works. I ran out of my regular 26 weeks of unemployment. I just found out from my state IDES office that I WILL NOT be getting an extension. This extension that our Phony government and our Fake Pres signed does not cover me or any other person who has not had any extensions yet. This only covers the people who have been living on the extensions already.
    IN other words, people who have been getting extensions for the last year or so will continue to get extensions while we the people who have never had an extension will not be getting any more help. So there are millions of people who have been living off extensions for over a year and I cannot even get one extension.
    Then the nasty woman at the IDES office tells me that it is the decision of the government because it is their money. Their money???? They added this to the deficit and we, the people, NOT the Pres or the government will be paying for this. We the people will. The Pres and the Democrats are hoarding all this stimulus money for their campaigns. They could give a shit about us.
    What an Obamination – our phony Pres and the Narcissists we call Democrats.

37. notamoron says:

You guys are morons. It doesn’t matter who’s in office. This is a one-party government with 2 factions. Our elected officials are nothing but puppets. The rich and greedy corporations are the enemies of the state, yet they are too powerful and control too much for any person or party to bring them down. Obama is nothing but a “cult of personality” and Bush is nothing but the “Village Idiot” and ask yourself how a Village Idiot can dupe an entire country into an endless war and tank the economy with such impunity. Canada doesn’t sound like such a bad place anymore!

38. Richard says:

The bill was passed hooray!! but it will still be short 25.00 and Cobra was dropped too. They should have just kept it all or just voted against it!!!!!

• Sunnyside says:

Richard the FAC $ 25 additional payment was only discontinued if you filed for UC after May 23 , 2010. So if you have been filing prior to that you will receive FAC $ 25 until the end of 2010-2011

39. john says:

what about oklahoma tier 4 they left us out in the cold

40. john says:

there are no jobs what the hell thanks bush you scum bag

41. kourtney says:

I am in michigan and i STILL have not gotten my unemployment extension benefits. is anyone else live in michigan with this SAME problem??

42. nixrae says:

Everyone has to remember that FIRST 4yrs Bush was in office he had control of the house and senate. When Bush was elected for a 2nd term the Republicans lost control of the house and senate. Since then the Dems have been spending like mad. When Obama came into office the deficit has increased quite a bit. So everyone needs to step back and really look at everything that has happened since Obama was voted in. EVERYONE NEEDS TO QUITE BLAMING BUSH HE HASN’T BEEN IN OFFICE SINCE 1/2009 THIS IS ALL OBAMA AND HIS ADMINISTRATION………………..

43. StillWaitinginNC says:

My tier 2 in NC ended while the extension bill was being debated. The last check I received was July 7th. Can’t reach the state office, but the local office does answer. However, I am being told that “different accounts must have different things done to get benefits restarted” and that my account has been turned over to claims. Still no real answer and no money. I worked for 23 years at the same insurance agency before getting laid off in January 09. The folks that laid me off gave up nothing, not their $50,000 company vehicles, their huge homes, their second homes at the beach/lake, or their cushy jobs. Meanwhile, I’ve applied for hundreds of jobs and have not been granted a single interview. Thankfully my hard working husband gets lots of overtime working for a foreign company, a German company. They take care of their employees, cutting back before times get tough. The bosses give up bonuses before they ask the employees to. So, for now our family is surviving, but it gets harder each day because the extension money still has not come……any other folks waiting for the $ in NC?

44. Larry E says:

Did you know that illegals get free medical,Health care,Free social Security that they never paid in!!We can’t afford nothing! We just pay out what we can for as long as we can! Then we fold!!