UFC 119 Mir vs Cro Cop Fight Results
UFC 119 at the Conseco Fieldhouse in Indianapolis ended on Saturday night with a knockout finish in the main event. After 14 minutes of pushing and shoving in the cage, Frank Mir knocked Miro “Cro Cop” Filipovic with a knee to the face and followed up with another head puch on the ground before referee Herb Dean declared a stoppage at the 4:02 mark of the third and last round.
The light heavyweight match featuring The Ultimate Fighter Season 8 winner Ryan Bader and Little Nog Antonio Rogerio Nogueira ended in a unanimous decision win for Bader. Bader is undefeated in 12 fights no as he dominated a tentative Nogueira for three rounds. Bader may soon face light heavyweight phenom Jon Jones next.
Crowd favorites Matt Mitrione and Chris Lytle scored wins to the delight of the crowd. Indianapolis resident Mitrione overcame a shaky first round, piling up enough points in succceeding rounds to earn a win over Joey Beltran. Chris Lytle used his superior boxing skills to win by unanimous decision over good friend Matt Serra.
The match between former lightweight champ Sean Sherk and ersthile unbeaten Evan Dunham ended in a controversial split decision win for Sherk.
The rest of the official results for UFC 119 are shown below.
- Frank Mir def. Mirko Cro Cop via KO (knee) – Round 3, 4:02
- Ryan Bader def. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira via unanimous decision, 30-27, 30-27, 30-27
- Chris Lytle def. Matt Serra via unanimous decision, 30-27, 30-27, 30-27
- Sean Sherk def. Evan Dunham via split decision, 29-28, 28-29, 29-28
- Melvin Guillard def. Jeremy Stephens via split decision, 30-27, 28-29, 29-28
- CB Dollaway def. Joe Doerksen via submission (guillotine) – Round 1, 2:47
- Matt Mitrione def. Joey Beltran via unanimous decision, 29-28, 29-28, 29-28
- Thiago Tavares def. Pat Audinwood via submission (guillotine) – Round 1, 3:47
- Waylon Lowe def. Steve Lopez via split decision, 29-28, 28-29, 29-28
- TJ Grant def. Julio Paulino via unanimous decision, 30-27, 30-27, 30-27
- Sean McCorkle defeated Mark Hunt via kimura lock submission (kimura) – Round 1, 1:03