We can’t deny the fact that recovering hard earned PS3 trophies is a serious problem for our loyal PS3 player, specially to those who worked hard for it. After the reign of 8001050F error code, all trophies from your account was wiped out without prior notice.
This is really a serious problem and Sony hasn’t announced yet how to recover it. Anyway, the 8001050F error has already been resolved after the leap year bug. But that doesn’t mean to there’s no problem left with the PS3 system.
As of now, we are still waiting for the official announcement from Sony of how to recover our beloved trophies.
We really do hope that this issue will have a resolution as soon as possible. Let’s see how this goes after a few more hours. Or else, those who lost their trophies bang their heads on the wall.
Sony, please do something to recover our beloved trophies right now!
UPDATE: The service has been restored but if someone out there hasn’t recovered their trophies yet, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below
PS3 owners users could have been the happiest people now as PS3 Firmware Update 3.50 now adds up 3D Blu-ray playback. Yes, you’re reading it right. Awesome 3D Blu-ray discs can be enjoyed in the comfort of your PS3 provided that you also have a 3DTV on hand. With all the high ends TV nowadays, the latter requirement would not be difficult to achieve. PS3 owners just have to set the HDMI setting into “Auto” until it detects your 3DTV along with setting up the correct mode and off you go.
The added 3D Blu-ray Playback feature has been announced in the Official US PlayStation blog September 20. In fact, it’s the first one on the list as it has been the main star of the show. Aside from this awesome addition, Sony has also included Facebook integration wherein users can update their Facebook account with what game are they playing as quoted in a statement from their Japanese Website. “Facebook connectivity will increase and will allow users (at least from what we can gather from the translation) to post what game they’re playing on the social networking site. Moreover, you can now report messages from the XMB which will be a much-welcomed feature for those of you who recieved spam over PSN.”
The official blog summarized the following features that has been added to the latest 3.50 firmware:
• Support for Blu-ray 3D
• ‘Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity’ – New icon [Music]. Although this service is not yet available, the icon will be shown in this section.
• Control ‘Direct Pointer’ in the browser via PlayStation Move.
• PlayStation Plus User Interface in the PlayStation Store updated.
• 3D Display to warn of 3D content.
• Calibration of PlayStation Move motion control will be possible the menu [Game]
• Reports about users may be sent from your PS3 through the message options on the tab [Friends]
• 14 of the most common mistakes have been extended with a description of the problem and possible solutions.
• Access to your Facebook profile via PS3 through [Allow access profile] available at [Account Management]
There has been a new announcement from Sony, the makers of Play Station 3 (PS3) game consoles. Accordingly, the newest PS3 firmware update to 3.30 features trophy enhancements that will enable PS3 gamers for sorting options that make will it make easier for them to claim bragging rights among their fellow PS3 players on PlayStation Network.
Trophy enhancements –- With the new PS3 firmware update to 3.30, PS3 players can more easily sort trophies in the [Trophy Collection] and [Comparing Trophy] sections. Sorting can be done with [Trophy Collection] in the [Game Category] and also when comparing trophies with your friends in the [Friend Category]
– Trophy Folder (Title List) can be sorted by game name/ by title according to the date in which PS3 players earned their last trophy (ascending/descending)
– Add-on list (Group list) can be sorted by original/the date in which Ps3 players earned their last trophy (ascending/descending)
– Trophy list can be sorted by original/trophy name/grade/date of obtaining the trophy (ascending/descending)
Although this is not much of added features to the Playstation 3 firmware update of 3.30 which is evidenced by some comments going “who cares?”, Sony claims that this firmware update for PS3 to 3.30 prepares for some more exciting features including 3D stereoscopic gaming, which is coming soon to PS3.
What can you say about this PS3 firmware update to 3.30? Are you one of those people who said “who cares?” Do you really care about trophies in the Playstation Network?
I don’t know if this a good news for all Playstation 3 players out there as Sony announced a new firmware update 3.21 in its PS3 game consoles.
In an effort to eliminate rampant piracy among Playstation 3 games, the firmware 3.21 update announced by Sony will disable the OS installation function in PS3 game consoles.
Usually, when Sony announce a new firmware update in its Playstation console games, it is meant to add new features. However, with this new 3.21 firmware update, a lot of Playstation players are quite disappointed as they will now be forced to buy original PS3 games from Sony and its partners to be able to play them in their Playstation 3 consoles in case they update their Playstation 3 game consoles.
However, various Playstation 3 users who are currently using the “Other OS” feature of their PS3’s can opt not to upgrade their PS3 systems to the latest 3.21 firmware update. The drawback of that move is you cannot access the following features that are previously accessible:
– “Ability to sign in to PlayStation Network and use network features that require signing in to PlayStation Network, such as online features of PS3 games and chat.
– “Playback of PS3 software titles or Blu-ray Disc videos that require PS3 system software version 3.21 or later.”
– “Playback of copyright-protected videos that are stored on a media server (when DTCP-IP is enabled under Settings)”
– “Use of new features and improvements that are available on PS3 system software 3.21 or later.”
In addition, for those who are willing to update their PS3 systems to this latest 3.21 firmware which is around 100MB, they should back up first all data stored in their Playstation 3 hard drives as they can no longer access these after installation of the latest PS3 firmware 3.21 update.
Gamers, especially loyal fans of “Call of Duty”, are expecting Modern Warfare 2’s latest version. Today, March 30 should be the release date fo the MW2 Stimulus Package. With this, they will expect Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Map Pack release time on no later than 7pm, East Coast Time.
There will be five new maps to conquer. The game is getting more realistic than ever as it will portray scenes from true and real war places. Check out the new MW2 release now.
UPDATE: It’s now released. You can download it now in Microsoft XBOX Live Marketplace and Sony Playstation Store.
The wait is finally over. One of the most-awaited games of the year is now out on stores. Valve Software, the creator of the original Portal has released the sequel to their epic game and it’s now available for PCs, Xbox and PS3.
Portal 2 is a first-person adventure game of wits and carries with it the hilarious gameplay and brain-teasing puzzles of the first version.
As with the original, the player is still trapped in the abandoned Aperture Science laboratory and must find a way out by solving physics-inspired puzzles and teleporting using the portal gun.
GLaDOS, the diabolical super-computer mastermind, thought to have been killed in the first game, is back.
You won’t be alone this time, though. There is an expanded cast of characters including the friendly Wheatley.
The game retails at $54.99 for the console version while a downloadable copy is priced at $49.99.
Mac and PC users can purchase the game online and download it directly from Steam.