PS3 owners users could have been the happiest people now as PS3 Firmware Update 3.50 now adds up 3D Blu-ray playback. Yes, you’re reading it right. Awesome 3D Blu-ray discs can be enjoyed in the comfort of your PS3 provided that you also have a 3DTV on hand. With all the high ends TV nowadays, the latter requirement would not be difficult to achieve. PS3 owners just have to set the HDMI setting into “Auto” until it detects your 3DTV along with setting up the correct mode and off you go.
The added 3D Blu-ray Playback feature has been announced in the Official US PlayStation blog September 20. In fact, it’s the first one on the list as it has been the main star of the show. Aside from this awesome addition, Sony has also included Facebook integration wherein users can update their Facebook account with what game are they playing as quoted in a statement from their Japanese Website. “Facebook connectivity will increase and will allow users (at least from what we can gather from the translation) to post what game they’re playing on the social networking site. Moreover, you can now report messages from the XMB which will be a much-welcomed feature for those of you who recieved spam over PSN.”
The official blog summarized the following features that has been added to the latest 3.50 firmware:
• Support for Blu-ray 3D
• ‘Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity’ – New icon [Music]. Although this service is not yet available, the icon will be shown in this section.
• Control ‘Direct Pointer’ in the browser via PlayStation Move.
• PlayStation Plus User Interface in the PlayStation Store updated.
• 3D Display to warn of 3D content.
• Calibration of PlayStation Move motion control will be possible the menu [Game]
• Reports about users may be sent from your PS3 through the message options on the tab [Friends]
• 14 of the most common mistakes have been extended with a description of the problem and possible solutions.
• Access to your Facebook profile via PS3 through [Allow access profile] available at [Account Management]