President Barack Obama just gave a morning address at Cooper Union College, New York City. The Cooper Union address will be tackling topics within financial regulatory reform. 5 main topics and demands that were covered by the speech were the following:
- 1. Protect taxpayers from too-big-to-fail firms
- 2. Impose the Volcker rule in stopping firms from “proprietary trading” (making large bets with their own money)
- 3. Make derivatives trades transparent
- 4. Create a consumer protection agency
- 5. Institute pay reforms to give investors a say over executive pay
For a complete view of President Obama’s Cooper Union Speech, just simply click on the link.