Nadal vs Djokovic on US Open 2010 Tennis Men’s Singles Finals – It was sweet victory for Novak Djokovic as he finally dethrone the five-time US Open champion Roger Federer. This was the third time that Federer lost in a Grand Slam Tennis tournament. Djokovic won in five sets 5-7, 6-1, 5-7, 6-2, 7-5.
“It’s one of those matches that you will remember for the rest of your life,” said Djokovic, “not just because you won against one of the best players that ever played this game, but coming back from match points down and playing good tennis to win in the end. I am very proud of myself.”
Rafael Nadal’s game was a lot easier and now he is ready to face Djokovic on the hard court of the US Open 2010 Tennis Tournament. Djokovic has an edge over Nadal when it comes to a hard court, 7-3 and that includes three consecutive straight-set victories.
Djokovic is 2-6 in a Grand Slam semifinals, and 7-14 in lifetime against Nadal. Meanwhile, Nadal will enter this game as the crowd favorite after winning all 18 sets that he has played at the US Open 2010 Tennis Tournament. The US Open 2010 Tennis Men’s Singles Final is scheduled to take place no sooner than 4:30 p.m. Eastern time and will be shown live on CBS TV.
Here are the remaining schedule for the US Open 2010 Finals:
Arthur Ashe Stadium: 1:00 PM
- Women’s Doubles Finals – Vania King(USA) / Yaroslava Shvedova(KAZ) vs. Liezel Huber(USA) / Nadia Petrova(RUS)
- Men’s Singles Finals – Rafael Nadal(ESP) vs. Novak Djokovic(SRB)
Court 7: 12:00 PM
- Junior Girls’ Singles Finals – Daria Gavrilova(RUS) vs. Yulia Putintseva(RUS)
- Wheelchair Quad Singles – David Wagner(USA) vs. Peter Norfolk(GBR)
Court 11: 12:00 PM
- Junior Boys’ Singles Finals – Denis Kudla(USA) vs. Jack Sock(USA)
- Wheelchair Men’s Singles Finals – Shingo Kunieda(JPN) vs. Nicolas Peifer(FRA)
Court 13: 1:00 PM
- Wheelchair Women’s Singles Finals – Esther Vergeer(NED) vs. Daniela Di Toro(AUS)