My Wife’s Easy-Does-It Cheesecake Recipe for National Cheesecake Day!
July 30 is National Cheesecake Day – you probably know that by now because a slew of Happy Cheesecake Day greetings have been flooding Twitter and other social networking sites.
So instead of adding to the greetings overload, let me share with you my wife’s easy-does-it cheesecake recipe – no complicated ingredients required and no baking either! How is that for an easy-to-do recipe to make this National Cheesecake Day even more delectable and enjoyable?
You will need:
1 box (or can) of heavy cream
2 cups of Graham cracker crumbs
1 can Condensed milk
½ cup of butter (just cut a whole block of butter into two)
1 envelope of unflavored gelatin
1 block of cream cheese
your topping of choice (it can be blueberries, strawberries or even cherries)
pie plate or dish
- Melt the butter and stir in the Graham cracker crumbs. Put the mixture in the pie plate and press firmly against the sides to make the crust. Place it in the refrigerator to set
- Use the hand mixer to mix the cream, condensed milk and the softened cream cheese.
- Bloom the unflavored gelatin in 2 tablespoons of water then mix it with the cream mixture
- Pour on the pie crust and put it back in the refrigerator until it becomes firm (not frozen)
- Top with the topping of your choice (personally, we love blueberries). Enjoy!
Happy Cheesecake Day to You All!Follow us on Twitter to get free up-to-date news via tweets from the World Correspondents, or you can subscribe to us by entering your e-mail below. You can confirm your free subscription by clicking the confirmation link that will be sent to your e-mail address. Once you've confirmed, then you're good to go.