List of Recalled Eggs Grows to Over Half a Billion Eggs
Egg Recall List Expanding: More Eggs Are Inluced in Egg Recall List – More and more eggs are being added to the eggs recall list. Initially, 380 million eggs have been reported to be included in the egg recall list. The cause of the recall points to a possible salmonella outbreak which come from the egg farms of Wright County Egg in Galt, Iowa which was bought from May 16 to August 13. The list of states confirmed to have been affected by the egg recall includes Colorado, California and Minnesota.
Since Wright County Egg distributes different brands of eggs, the list of possible brands affected by the egg recall includes Lucerne, Albertson, Mountain Dairy, Ralph’s, Boomsma’s, Sunshine, Hillandale, Trafficanda, Farm Fresh, Lund, Dutch Farms, and Kemps. If you have purchased eggs from the list of brands stated above, you should look for the plant numbers P-1026, P-1413 and P-1946 as these are the reported packaging possibly affected by the Salmonella. Moreover, aside from the plant numbers stated above, the recalled eggs list are specified with Julian date numbers ranging from 136 to 225.
For specificity, here is the complete eggs recall list with the following egg brands from Wright County Egg:
- Albertsons in dozen and 18-egg cartons size large eggs in California or Colorado
- Bayview in 5-dozen egg cartons size large eggs
- Boomsma’s in dozen egg cartons size large eggs
- Dutch Farms in dozen egg cartons size large eggs distributed at Walgreens stores in Iowa, Minnesota, Kansas, Nebraska, Missouri, South Dakota and Arkansas, although the majority of Dutch Farms eggs are not affected by the recall
- Farm Fresh in dozen and 18-egg carton size M to Jumbo eggs
- Hillandale in 18-egg carton size XL eggs
- Kemps in dozen egg cartons size large eggs
- Lucerne in dozen and 18-egg cartons size large eggs (Safeway store brand)
- Lund in 6-egg, dozen and 18-egg cartons size M to Jumbo eggs
- Mountain Dairy in 5-dozen egg cartons size medium eggs
- Mountain Dairy in dozen and 18-egg cartons size large eggs
- Nulaid in 5-dozen egg cartons size medium eggs
- Ralph’s in dozen and 18-egg cartons size large eggs
- Shoreland in dozen egg cartons size XL and Jumbo eggs
- Sunshine in dozen egg cartons size XL eggs
- Sun Valley in 5-dozen egg cartons size medium eggs
- Trafficanda in dozen egg cartons size M to Jumbo eggs
Unfortunately, aside from Wright County Eggs mentioned above, the recent egg recall list also includes eggs from Hillandale Farms, a company located also in Iowa. Accordingly, the affected eggs have the brands Hillandale Farms, Sunny Farms, Sunny Meadow, Wholesome Farms and West Creek. In this egg recall list, the numbers of recalled eggs include the plant number P1860, with Julian dates from 099 to 230, and the plant number P1663, with dates from 137 to 230. This adds another 170 million eggs to the egg recall list bringing the total list of recalled eggs to 550 million eggs.
For your information, Salmonella is a rod-shaped bacteria which can cause illnesses such as typhoid fever, paratyphoid fever, and the foodborne illness salmonellosis. Salmonella symptoms include diarrhea, fever, vomiting, and abdominal cramps which is due to appear after 8 to 72 hours of infection. Other symptoms also include headache, fatigue and rose spots. These symptoms can be severe, especially in young children and the elderly and generally last up to a week.