As one of the favorite foods served on tables during Easter Sunday, a lot of people are curious on how to cook a ham. They are particularly interested on the heating instructions of a honey baked ham.
Ham has never really excited me so I too have been searching for a great ham glaze for years. Most I’ve tried have been too sweet or just didn’t give enough flavor.
However, along with other people looking for heating instructions on cooking a ham, I found this honey baked ham recipe from Food Network to be one of the best as evidenced by the comments they received:
– 6 pounds bone-in ham
– 1/3 cup brown sugar
– 1/3 cup honey
– 2 teaspoons cornstarch
– 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
– 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
– Place ham on a rack in a foil lined roasting pan. Bake the rounded side up for one hour.
– In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix all ingredients together. Stir until it forms a nice thick glaze.
– Rub on half of the glaze and bake for 30 minutes more. Flip the ham over and rub on remaining glaze and bake for 1 hour more. Remove from oven and allow the ham to rest for at least 30 minutes before serving.