Saturday, November 29, 2014

8001050F PS3 Error: While world has gone mad, Sony remained silent

June 16, 2014 by · 166 Comments

After we’ve published our article about fixing the error 8001050F, we’ve received hundreds of comments from PS3 users across the world in less than a minute.

Playstation users are so impatient and can’t wait for Sony to fix things up. But we can’t blame them, because they have the right to complain.

Sony on the other hand remained silent regarding this matter. After Patrick Seybold announced the latest news regarding their network status, there’s no more update that followed that announcement.

They just promised that they will fix the error within 24 hours. But if you’re an avid gamer and a super hardcore Playstation fanatic, I bet you can’t wait and you’re now hitting your head against the wall. We can’t deny the fact that PS3 fanboys went insane waiting and waiting and waiting for the fix to arrive.

Others are saying that this 8001050F PS3 Error is a marketing strategy by Sony to sell their news PS3 slims, that’s why they indicated in their announcement that PS3 slims are not affected with this so-called bug.

If we cannot do something to fix the error, we just need to be patient. That’s all and hope that Sony will fix this 8001050F dilemma.

We’ll be posting more updates regarding the PS3 Network Error and how to fix 8001050F error code. Be updated on the latest news from the World Correspondents by subscribing to us via e-mail.

Comments

166 Responses to “8001050F PS3 Error: While world has gone mad, Sony remained silent”
  1. josh says:

tbh wish thy f’in said b4 i went and restored my ps3 system thinkin tht would fix it!

2. abu3enad says:

i think every 1 should just change it or buy the slim 1

3. online says:

BACK ONLINE

4. Nova says:

SHUT THE F**K UP!!!!
    Wtf man? one day and sony fans are saying fukk sony and im going to xbox?!
    ONE DAY!?
    You dont think xbox live goes down? Dude shut the fuck up and wait for them to fix it you fucks fags. What they are going to just let millions of ps3 first generation go un fixed? Its a business !
    Holy shit man, you guys are embarass me as an owner of the uber ps3.
    christ. Go wash the dishes or something.

5. YNH says:

I highly doubt Sony is just trying to sell PS3 ‘Slims’. Think about it.. its a very small market of gamers that are so hardcore they would go buy a brand new PS3 just because their PS3 ‘Fat’ is down for the day. It doesn’t seem like a good strategy to generate revenue.

Also, a few of you are saying “Oh, you can live without games for a day..”. This is entirely true but, don’t forget many people are paying to have Netflix on their PS3′s as well as renting movies/TV shows that have a limited time to watch. Think about it.. people are losing money because of this.

6. Oldskoll says:

OMB I’m just a kid so I don’t have money to fuckin waist on a ps3 slim n I am being pissed off by this thing or what eve but I almost have to money for a 360 and idk it seems if this isn’t fixed byby ps3 hello 360

7. Benzo-13 says:

Fixed it
    Set time manually, then set it by internet.
    You then can sign in.

8. commonthug says:

Just be patient will kick back in down for 2 days cleared everything dont do anything sony problem they will solve i hated waiting but lost everything worth the wait still a very good system!!!!trust me nothing you can do error 8001050F tried everything last thing i did reset playstation default log in under same act lick i forgot password then cancelled entered old password and worked finally Thanks who ever me or sony

9. jeRROdest-1982 says:

if i gut mine and unplug the battery will it fix the problem?cause i know if i run out and buy a new one that will.fuck sony ,they are just making money off the people who are getting new ones right know .what the fuck?

10. str8lucky says:

F*** the Japs. Tired of this sh*t!!! Had a recall on my Toyota and Lexus and now this PS3 crap. I’m already about to trade my toyota for a chevy and the lexus for a BMW. And now it seems I will get an X-box. Hate the JAPS!!!!

11. NewSonyHater says:

Wow im speechless, i love seeing this 8001050f error code!I have always pumped up PS3 to be so much better than xbox but now im gonna start singing a different tune! Sony saying they are going to charge for online use, and now getting this error code which a lot of folks are saying is not fixable unless you disassemble your ps3 and remove the battery and plug it back it in order to reset your internal clock. Sony you have a lot of making up to do, especially considering how much money I have spent on your games and what not! I hope they know if they charge for internet than EVERY1 will go to xbox but thats the least of there worries when they have an unfixable bug! How can you fix a bug that will not let you connect to the internet for a system update? YOU CANT! SOMEONE DONE MESSED UP! YOU RICH CORPORATE BASTARDS! THIS IS WHAT YOU ALL HAD COMING TO YOU FOR OVERCHARGING AND BEING GREEDY. GAMESTOP HERE I COME TO GET AN XBOX! BY THE WAY I BET THE GAME “MAG” IS REALLY UPSET NOW BECAUSE IT LOST ALOT OF MONEY! WHOMP WHOMP :(

12. stephen says:

ps3 is bck in action, in ireland anyway

13. JeremyJ says:

Losers. It’s not the end of the world. Go do something with constructive and get off your asses. This is the first glitch I’ve encountered with my PS3 and I wouldn’t trade it for the Red Ring of Death or XBOX live’s seemingly endless glitches by a long shot. The 360 is not the solution. I’m going to be creative and stimulate my mind while patiently waiting for the fix. Maybe I’ll go outside and do something that requires actual physical activity for something more than just my thumbs. Settle down, kids.

14. ? says:

Mine works

15. andrew says:

solved!!!! update your clock via internet im back playing dirt 2 right after i did it

16. Gregory W. says:

I got it too work with the manual date and time change!

17. jeRROdest-1982 says:

i have a funcking 80 had it for 5 years and all of a sudden its fucked.

18. CLVT says:

sucks! I have Japanese version of Final Fantasy 13. I hope when they fix the error, my ps3 is region free.

19. Annonamious says:

Get over it! I could see if it was down for a week, but its only been a few hours! If you planed out your whole day sitting on the couch and playing video games, and you are angry now, then its probably a good thing for you. This will give you a chance to play with your pets, or go somewhere and work on getting a life! Suck it up and quit whining!

20. krieger says:

my fat ps3 start working properly

21. Jared says:

Has it been fixed for other people? I changed the time manually of my system and the playstation network works fine now.. just wondering if this is a coincidence or if it’s a way to bypass the problem.

22. CLVT says:

Fixed!!!!!!!!! everybody check your PS3!

23. psn_chamellion says:

ERROR FIXED!!!, GO TO DATE AND TIME SETTINGS AND UPDATE UR DATE AND TIME, SOMEHOW MINES GOT SET TO THE YEAR 1999 AND THAT CAUSED ME NOT TO LOG IN

24. Spyder76 says:

Ok guys. It took me 10 seconds to fix this. And all I needed was a controller. All you have to do is change the date to March 1st and enter the time. Sounds simple and it is. The date on my ps3 reverted back to 12/31/2000. Confused it I guess. All fixed and I’m back online! Happy fixing! Screw the XBox!

25. Jordan V says:

Hey everyone I found a fix for this. It worked for me so it should work for the rest of you. The problem is that the PS3 thinks it’s February 29th but in reality it’s March 1st. This being a brainfart for the PS3. So I heard you have to wait until tomorrow for this to be fixed because it will be the second of the month. So I just changed the date to 3/2/2010 under the date and time settings and everything is working perfectly. Please comment after me and let me know if this worked for you!

26. WTF???!!!!!! says:

I am not going to go buy a F******G slim P(iece of)S(hit)3.

27. Porter says:

This just in this just in, We have got some playstations working try yours now!!!

Playstation representitive!!

28. Annonamious says:

Actually I just signed in. I can get onto PSN now! For all of you that cat……HAHA!

29. sarah25 says:

OMG evrey one put the news on the person that owns sony as just been shot :o

30. SOME GENIOUS says:

ALL YOU HAVE TO IS CHANGE THE DATE AND TIME SETTINGS BACK TO THE CURRENT DATE ON YOUR PS3 AND THIS WILL FIX THE BUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

31. andrew says:

every one gets upset way to easy, either sony fixed the problem or the solution was there all along, come on people dont act like your 2 yrs old and cry when you dont have your way, people make mistakes problems fixed go back to playing, and yes i have a fat PS3, i love it and would never buy an XBOX

32. Mr B says:

its fixed, and by the way ALL YOU WINEY FUKS ARE IGNORANT

33. RadioGuy says:

All I can say is…guess what company will not be getting the roughly $5k in electronics business I had budgeted for my tax return. A new 50+ inch and a laptop are in my future, but they now won’t be Sony. Furthermore, I will not buy ANY new PoS3 games or accessories. If they couldn’t learn from Y2K, they won’t get another dime from me. I will now only buy preowned or 3rd party. I suggest you all do the same, send them a message where they’ll get it. Their bottom line. BOYCOTT SONY!

34. ORAIA says:

I checkout out the time/date setting on my fat, and it was set to 2/28/2010 4:19pm…. which was about 23 hours and 40 minutes ago…. I changed it to the correct time and date manually after disabling my internet…. Got my shit working…. it’s first gen ps3 btw 20gb

35. nick c says:

hahahahahaha my shit works now thanx sony

36. grl says:

we caught the error trying to netflix ~ just got that account started and it wont stream ~ tried resetting the date and time via internet, per another threads suggestion on fixing netflix ~ got the error. PISSED!!!!! no online games OR movies!!!!

37. Viratas says:

It appears to be fixed and working now

38. Charlie says:

ITS FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE SIGNED IN FOR THE FIRST TIME SINE MIDNIGHT YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

39. Lucious says:

Ok. So, I’ve backed sony forever. I still want to be that guy that,s like “It’s ok people, sony will find a way and everything will be fine.” BUT…. like i said, i would LIKE to be that guy. But right now, cant be. TRUE x box sucks royaly. we are over this though. So i just want to say a few things.

1) Sony…. wheres my refund.

2) Sony is now a criminal for robbing me and now owes me 400 bucks… strait up robbed

3) Can any 1 prove that Level9Germ’s “fix” as correct?

4) Is there any release when this is going to be fixed?

5) …. really though… what kind of billion dollar corporation, is so lame braind as to have a bug about the time and date. have we learned nothing from Y2K?

6) People who stood around and allowed this to happen…. i hate you and think you need to be punched in the face and beat senseless.

40. crazy507 says:

JAJAJAJAJA I CAN PLAY AND I DONT HAVE THAT SLIM PS3 I HAVE AN OLD CONSOLA

41. mic e mouse says:

mine works and i didn’t do a thing. hahahahahaha.

42. cheezy bacon says:

sony really f***ed this up but i dont think any1 shud switch to fking xbox its fking shit

43. PS3 says:

Wow. Can’t play you PS3 for a day… a lot of you said the hell with Sony b/c a simple glitch? If ever had an Xbox got the red ring you are out of a system for a whole month!! Do the that simple fact screw the Xbox. PS3 all the way!!

44. cheezy bacon says:

THANK U F***IN SONY U FIXED MY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

45. Justin Henley says:

Long live Sony :D The bug is gone!!! Woot Thank you Sony for your quick and speedy results.

46. cheezy bacon says:

no trophies :(

47. gihad1993 says:

mine still isnt working wtf!!!!

48. SonyPs3 says:

Can you please be patient as in me i am a worker in a sony ps3 company ur ps3′s will not get broke’n down” if you play single player well we are not sure about that. Such games as modern warfare 2,grand theft auto 4 and bioshak 2 have a way more advantage messing up ur ps3 ur ps3 cant handle the hardware so if you play like 4 hours a day ur ps3 will get this error if you leave ur ps3 for a bit(1-3 days)it should work please email this [email protected] for a reply on how to pervent this thank you have a nice day.

49. cheezy bacon says:

trophies bak :D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trackbacks

Check out what others are saying about this post...