Thursday, April 24, 2014

8001050F PS3 Error: While world has gone mad, Sony remained silent

March 1, 2010 by · 166 Comments

After we’ve published our article about fixing the error 8001050F, we’ve received hundreds of comments from PS3 users across the world in less than a minute.

Playstation users are so impatient and can’t wait for Sony to fix things up. But we can’t blame them, because they have the right to complain.

Sony on the other hand remained silent regarding this matter. After Patrick Seybold announced the latest news regarding their network status, there’s no more update that followed that announcement.

They just promised that they will fix the error within 24 hours. But if you’re an avid gamer and a super hardcore Playstation fanatic, I bet you can’t wait and you’re now hitting your head against the wall. We can’t deny the fact that PS3 fanboys went insane waiting and waiting and waiting for the fix to arrive.

Others are saying that this 8001050F PS3 Error is a marketing strategy by Sony to sell their news PS3 slims, that’s why they indicated in their announcement that PS3 slims are not affected with this so-called bug.

If we cannot do something to fix the error, we just need to be patient. That’s all and hope that Sony will fix this 8001050F dilemma.

We’ll be posting more updates regarding the PS3 Network Error and how to fix 8001050F error code. Be updated on the latest news from the World Correspondents by subscribing to us via e-mail.

Comments

166 Responses to “8001050F PS3 Error: While world has gone mad, Sony remained silent”
  1. Level9Germ says:

Here is the instructions on how to fix this yourself. 24 hours later, I was sick of waiting for Sony.

Level9Germ
    “Make it rain Germ… make it rain.”

2. NA says:

well its been 24 hours and it is still saying the same error

3. Drfirewater79 says:

The problem is while some games that dont require online play still are being effected by this 8001050f error …. i cannot play my dantes inferno because 8001050f seems to be related to trophies and since the trophies cannot update it wont let me play the game … I wonder how many other games are directly effected by the error so far only one i have had problems with is dantes inferno … nhl 10 plays fine and havent played anything else as i am busy with work and computer online gaming …. I dont doubt this is a sell the slims campain move but at the same time why risk it when they are about to launch premium services that will likely make people think about buying a second ps3 anyway.

I think as a PR move they should have had a press release talking about this already.

4. Slimjim says:

This is completely bullshit I might just get an x box

5. shane says:

dis is a total JOKE i have just reached boiling point!!!! and the fact of the matter is that in december we WILL b payin 4 online play…so i dnt give a fuck im tradin in my ps3 4 a 360…FUCK SONYYYYY

6. Bobby baker says:

Wat the hell!!! My friend and I were going to play COD all day but know I cnt! F you ps3 and Sony

7. ps3ADDICT says:

DAMMITT!!! SCREW PS3!!!!

8. Ricky says:

not only wont it let me on the psn but it also gives me this exact error when I try to open my copy of final fantasy 8

9. IIDEATHFORCEII says:

THiS FREAKIN SUCKKSS MASSSIVE ****

10. Apocylyp says:

C’mon SONY! The information they gave us was completely useless! Oh wow, there’s a problem with the clock? Just ’cause you cant ****ing COUNT BY 4S?! This is very annoying! Seriously! I bough MAG at around 4pm (UK) today, went home thinking “Yay! Can’t wait to play this!” Turned my PS3 on “****”. I.m SOOOOOO annoyed here!

11. Larry Macklin says:

i think this is uncalled for, i just hope the problem is fixed by the release of Final Fantasy 13. I am a die hard ps3 fanboyy, but i hope this dosent make me play the xbox.

12. IIDEATHFORCEII says:

F*CK XBOX THAT SUCKS MORE THAN OUR LITTLE SITUATION WITH THE PSNETWORK!!!

13. joe says:

this error sucks

14. Walter P says:

back 2 xbox i go…

15. Nate says:

This is bad i consider my self a hardcore gamer and I almost fell like going out to buy a slim just to play but money doesn’t allow that so i guess i will just have to wait.

16. niggrs says:

ps3 sux

17. andrew says:

i want an xbox now.
    this is retarded..
    sony better fix this or theyre gonna lose customers

18. Rob D says:

If it is a marketing stratagy its the worst idea ever, eventhough I love PS I will buy a 360 and love that there is no reason why they can not fix the problem. This is almost as bad as toyotas little problem so sony better fix it or they are losing a customer …

19. guy with ps3 says:

I too have a 60g fatty with backwards compatibility and came across this error. First thing I noticed was the date though and assumed that the internal battery died therefore resetting the date. Turns out if you take the battery for the cmos out for minute it resets it and all is well with the ps3. Not sure how sony is going to fix this hardware issue though.

20. Justin Henley says:

I am an avid gamer and have complete and utter faith in Sony, they have been good to me since the long ago PlayStation 1 era to now save for a few minor kinks with the fallout DLC. I hope that this is not a marketing ploy and if so I will boycott all Sony products unless one of three major things happen. 1 they fix the problem, 2 the give an auto comped free servicing for all pre-slim PS3 consoles, or 3 give a comped ps3 slims to all faithful users for the PlayStation brand. But to shed some light on this at least Sony has had only one major glitch with PS3 in it’s entire existence V.S. Microsoft X box 360 and it’s almost infinite hardware and software problems.

21. monster9nine says:

I have a PS3 (80 gig) which I purchased just a couple years ago. Unfortunatly I am too one of many victims of thi who 8001050F error. I understand that things happen and have confidence in the people at Sony to find a solution for this….I just hope its soon. I want to play my modern warfare 2.

22. Dr Death says:

If it’s hardware related a Toyota style recall just might be on the cards! Japan is getting hit by their own bombs now! Shame I really have nothing positive to say about SOny’s PS3 in many months as the system is plagued by LAG and poor support as this demonstrates which is only getting worse.

23. Alexisaaa6 says:

Fuck this bullshit ppl pay alot of money for this piece of shit and now ppl r sayin that this has to do with the slim ps3 fuk sony!

24. Eva says:

My system was fine until now. I just purchased “heavy rain” unknown to me that there was a problem, yesterday. I played it with no problem all day yesterday. Now I come home from work expecting to finish this game only to find an error…8001050F.

If this problem is not fixed I want my system replaced by Sony. Theses systems are not cheap and it was an error they caused.

25. bill says:

If this was a marketing strategy then it really will not work. I would rather buy an xbox 360 than be forced to get a new ps3 because Sony can not fix this error. Hurry up and fix it because im bored and i’ve payed over £500 on my ps3 inc. games and i expect to play my ps3 when i want.
    Xbox live barely ever has problems so get on with it Sony!

26. Shaun Harris says:

It comes up For me when I want to play DiRT2. The thing is, it ran without no problems yesterday. All of a sudden, when I want to race Colin McRaes rally car, it decided not to work. Bloody thing.

27. pinkjava says:

This error is not allowing me to play “heavy rain”. Something about the trophy information. Its bullshit!

28. bob says:

wtf! im getting pissed that it wont let me sign in. im hearing that we need to by a ps3 slim. whats the point a ps3 is a ps3 why go waits hundreds of dollars to get a new ps3 like the one we already have. besides the slim probably overheats in like three hours. alright by im going to just set up my xbox live and sell my ps3.

p.s going to walmart to get mt gold card.

29. nolan says:

this is hurttin i cant stand this shit

30. Simon says:

Hello I played GUITAR HERO VAN HALEN yesterday but today it wont play is it the error code 8001050F as I don’t play on line OR DO SONY THINK WE SHOULD BY THE NEW PS3 SLIM CONSOLE

31. Aaron says:

OK so this error will be fixed in 24 hours don’t worry about it people just watch some television or something today you don’t need to play video games EVERY waking moment! suck it up and stop complaining. GEEZE

32. gary martin says:

whats going on :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

33. gary martin says:

me have the slim and it still fucked

34. Ryan says:

I am so fucken pissed can anyone help mine was off all last week and it still got the virus it is pissing me off so much. WTF Is it something to wait out if not I am just gonna get a 360 or a slim which ever one is cheaper. Fuck u SONY

35. nolan says:

smoke blunts

36. PIST_OFF says:

I PLAYED UNCHARTED 2 AND ALMOST BEAT IT, THEN MY PS3 FROZE. ITS NEVER DONE THAT BEFORE. I WAS FORCED TO REBOOT. WHEN I DID I LOST THE LAST 70% OF GAMEPLAY. I GUESS SINCE I WASNT ONLINE…IT DIDNT SAVE ! WTF ???

37. PIST_OFF says:

SOMEONE I KNOW, WHO JUST BOUGHT A PS3 RECENTLY, SAID HE PLAYS ONLINE EVEN THO HE GETS THE ERROR IN SOME CASES. HUH ?

38. DENNIS says:

YES IT SUCKS 8==========D BUT WE NEED TO CHILL THE HECK OUT

39. john says:

damn you sony , !!!! im sitting here wasting time instead of earning trophies , grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr , fix it already !!!!!!

40. Damn rite all u can do is smoke rite noww haha

41. PIST_OFF says:

I GOT SICK OF SONY YEARS AGO AND WENT TO XBOX. I ONLY USE THE PS3 FOR BLUE RAY AND PS3 ONLY GAMES. SONY SUX, AND THEY ARE THE MOST UNRESPONSIVE LYING SACKS OFSHIT OUT THERE. I WOULDNT GIVE SONY A NICKEL IF AVOIDABLE !

42. kevin says:

This is bullcr@p. I believe its a marketing ploy to get impatient gamers to rush out and buy a slim since they were contemplating its benefits already . well f that if i have to spend a dollar it will be on an Xbox 360!

43. nolan says:

hahaah for shure

44. PIST_OFF says:

8001050FUCKTHECONSUMER

45. Seabass says:

I just got my ps3 and this happens. this is bullshit man.

46. josh harrop says:

For people asking about other games that it affects offline, dead space is affected. This really fucks me off, fucking joke, will never be pressured into buying a slim, fuck that.

47. james88 says:

eva thats exactly whats happend to me to i bought heavy rain complted it about half 12 last nite, thought id replay it today to see how diffrent it was and then the shitty error msg came up. my uncle works with sony and when i was talking to him earlyer hes heard its going to take days to sort out or even not at fix them at all all not 24 hrs sooooo lets wait and see if its right what he’s heard at work!! lets hope not…

48. moroccan says:

i can wait for this BS.its not fair that we get punished fcuz we bought the first PS3.this is F up>

49. Maximus says:

Any1 know if opening this asshole up and resetting the battery solves the issue cos pro evolution must be played tonight

50. Hydrocram says:

if this statement applies to you:

” But if you’re an avid gamer and a super hardcore Playstation fanatic, I bet you can’t wait and you’re now hitting your head against the wall. We can’t deny the fact that PS3 fanboys went insane waiting and waiting and waiting for the fix to arrive.”

you clearly need to have the system down for awhile.

Trackbacks

Check out what others are saying about this post...
  1. [...] searching for solutions of how to fix this 8001050F Error, I stumbled upon this page. And have read the comment from Level9Germ claiming that he have fixed the PS3 error manually by [...]